When we first came up with the idea for the Nourish + Flourish Podcast, food was top of mind. The way we eat has been a major catalyst in our own health journeys and is something we are both interested in speaking with others about.
In order to lay the groundwork for those future conversations, we thought it was important to share about our own evolution with food. We start from the beginning with the context of food in our family of origin and then work our way through stepping out on our own, how diet transformed our health for better or worse, and the kinds of foods we eat today.
While our experiences with food were (and are) vastly different, we have both come to a place of understanding that food is a powerful tool on our journey towards better health and happiness.
We’d love to hear from you!
What has your journey with food been like? How has your eating evolved as you’ve taken charge of what goes onto your plate and into your mouth? Are you in the process of making any big changes in the way you eat?
You can hit is us up Twitter (@nandfpodcast) or send us an email.
- What we ate when we were growing up
- How things changed when we became in charge of our food
- How being diagnosed with cancer changed Betsy’s relationship with food
- Our evolving relationship with food
- Betsy’s journey to plant-based eating
- The shift from food being fun and enjoyable to be problematic
- Emily’s journey into vegetarianism
- Living with food intolerances
- The normalization of discomfort
- Struggles inherent in making dietary changes
Quotables:There's no pill that's going to fix all of your problems. Click To Tweet