Feeling better doesn’t have to be difficult.
We’ve all had days (or weeks, let’s be honest) when we’ve felt grumpy, sad, irritable, overwhelmed or just plain down in the dumps. Which is why we wanted to focus our conversation in today’s episode on things you can do in 5 minutes or less to turn your mood around.
Tune in for 15 things you can do right now to go from down in the dumps to feeling F-I-N-E fine. We cover everything from a drink of water and a snack to deep breathing, yoga, doodling, acts of kindness, seeking comfort from those we love (furry friends included).
We’d love to hear from you!
What’s in your self-care toolbox — or Rolodex of Happiness as Betsy calls it — that gets you feeling better in minutes flat? Feel free to hit us up on Twitter. Or, better yet, join in on the conversation over in our N+F Facebook group.
- An introduction to the topic and what it really means to turn things around
- The importance of going through it to get through it
- Focusing on the breath
- Do the opposite of what’s ailing you
- Putting the phone down and getting your body outside
- The power of creativity and creative expression
- The Rolodex of Happiness, what it is and how to use it
- Tarot and Oracle Cards as a gateway to creating change
- How to release tension in the body as a way to let go
- Seeking comfort from someone close to you
- The magic of yoga to shift our mood quickly
- Cleaning up your environment and getting rid of the clutter
- The surprising impact of drinking more water or a warm cup of tea
- Fight the hanger and have a snack
- Acts of kindness — random or otherwise — are a powerful way to shift your mood
- To-do lists and brain dumps to curb the overwhelm — i.e., decluttering your mental space
- Deep Breathing PDF from Emily — find it in the N+F Facebook Group!
- The Five Minute Journal
- The Five Minute Journal App
- Creativity Episode (#29)
- Guilty Pleasures Episode (#10)
- Can’t Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake
- Love Yourself by Justin Bieber
- Stompa by Serena Ryder
- Spiritual Compass Spread from Biddy Tarot
- Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
- Yoga With Adriene: 5-Minute Morning Yoga + Quick Stress Fix – 5 Minute Sequence
- Figgy Pops
- The Female Friendship Episode (#28)