Optimal sleep, while necessary to thrive, isn’t always easy to achieve. Sometimes it can feel like that elusive unicorn when insomnia, anxiety, or any of the many variables in life get in the way.
In today’s episode, Emily and Betsy talk about their individual challenges and solutions in the endless pursuit of a good night’s rest. From meditation to digital detoxes, ideal bedroom environments and nutrition influences – it’s all a big puzzle.
We’d love to hear what helps or hinders you from getting a good night’s sleep.
- Bed times, wake times, and all the variables that affect them
- The time you were born and peak optimal energy time
- Bedroom environments for optimal sleep
- Shutting off thoughts and winding down with music, headphones, and meditation
- Caffeine, sugar, and alcohol and their impact on sleep
- Our dinnertime rituals that can impact our sleep
- Tools to help ease into sleep
- The role of food when it comes to insomnia and other sleep disturbances
- Sleep deprivation
- Nap or no nap?
- New Age Ambient Channel on Pandora
- Betsy’s Favorite Hypnosis Channels: Jody Whiteley and Michael Sealey
- ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) Meditation
- Sleep With Me Podcast
- AcousticSheep Headphones
- Caffeine Free Coffee Substitutes: Teeccino, Dandy Blend
- Epsom Salt Foot Soaks
- Tim Ferriss’ Evening Routine for Optimal Relaxation and Sleep
- Determine Your Dosha Quiz
- The Sleep Revolution by Arianna Huffington
Quotables:I fully understand why sleep deprivation is a form of torture after having a kid. Click To Tweet TV is something that takes away from sleeping, so I'm very protective about not having one in… Click To Tweet Social media is a total vampire of your energy and your time. Click To Tweet Caffeine robs Peter to pay Paul. You get this great burst of energy, but what you're really doing… Click To Tweet I’m always in this battle with my future self; annoyed that I’m aware of her, but also trying to be… Click To Tweet You have to be adaptable to daily variables. Click To Tweet You’ve got to find what works for you when it comes to sleep. The key with a lot of this is that… Click To Tweet Sleep is the linchpin for everything – restoration, focus, energy, mood, and productivity. Click To Tweet If you don’t have a good night’s sleep, it affects everything. Click To Tweet
*This post contains affiliate links.