Even though we’ve talked about self-care in a previous episode of the podcast, we thought it was important to return to this topic and touch on a very specific aspect of self-care and how it relates to self-love.
Taking care of yourself is the ultimate act of self-love.
By making time for yourself and putting your needs at the top of the list, you are showing yourself (and your Self) love and compassion. Because when you don’t, it leads to feelings of depletion, resentment, anger, and living out of alignment. All things that we’ve experienced when we fail to put our own needs first.
So grab a (hot) cup of something and settle in for an intimate discussion around self-care and how it translates to loving up on ourselves.
We’d love to hear from you!
Do you view self-care as an act of self-love and compassion? If so, what does that look like in your life? If not, how would you define the concepts of self-care and self-love?
- Self-care as a form of loving up on ourselves
- Taking a break and what that really means
- The myths around time and productivity
- The weight of resentment and anger and what brings those feelings to the surface
- What self-love looks and feels like
- Holding the space without giving too much of yourself in the process
- Needing to feel it to heal it
- Closure, healing, and the gifts in every situation
- The other self-care episode (#14)
- The episode with Jen Blumenthal (#33)
- Tarot Spreads: how to move on, life purpose spread, how to move on
- Emotional Freedom Technique (a.k.a. EFT)
- Cord Cutting Exercise
- Forgiveness work (Ho’oponopono)
- Tarot Cards: The 4 of Swords + The Tower