Today’s episode is all about our shadow self, or the dark parts of ourselves that we’d rather not acknowledge or shine a light on. Unfortunately, burying those qualities in the sand or turning away from our lesser liked qualities only makes them grow stronger and louder. So let’s take a walk on the dark side and embrace the less positive aspects of our selves.
Because the real question isn’t whether you have a dark side, it’s whether you acknowledge your dark side.
We’d love to hear from you!
What do you think about this concept of a shadow self? What qualities would you rather not expose to the light of day (or even tell other people about)? And how does that impact how you feel about yourself?
- Aspects of our selves that we don’t like — AKA our shadow selves
- The downward spiral of being late
- Staying present to the shadow aspects of ourselves
- Addictive personalities and behaviors
- Red flags and warning signs of when things are out of control
- Impulsivity, regrets, and drama-filled living
- Forgiveness and empathy for the parts of yourself that you don’t love
- The gifts of discomfort and pain when creating change
- Our connection to “things”
- Clearly defined values and how that sets the tone
- Using the shadow aspects as an indication that something is off
- Curiosity versus judgment and reactivity
- The Shadow Effect by Deepak Chopra, Debbie Ford, and Marianne Williamson
- Self-care / self-love episode (#37)