Good or bad, stress is something we’ve ALL felt.
So why is it that some people seem to be better at navigating it than others? And why do some people seem to fall apart, when other seem to really shine when going through a similar experience?
In today’s episode, we’re talking about it all. The good, the bad, and the sometimes ugly aspects of stress and how it impacts our lives. We also talk about the things that we’ve done — as children and adults — to manage its effects. And while we wouldn’t call ourselves experts by any stretch, we’ve definitely had a lot of practice dealing with it.
So take a listen as we delve into what stress is, how it shows up, and what we’re doing to reduce its effects in our lives and our health.
What about you?
What are your favorite tools for dealing with stress in your life? What role does mindset play for you? Does it make things worse or help to reduce your stress?
- When did we become aware of the s-word in our lives?
- The role fear plays
- The physical manifestations of being stressed out
- What we used to do to manage our emotions as kids and adolescents
- Money, relationships, and living authentically
- The psychological experience of stress
- What are we doing to buffer ourselves against, or remove altogether, unwanted stressors
- The power of mindset in changing how we feel
- Is there such a thing as good stress?
- The stress mountain and how to protect yourself from falling over the edge
- A personalized toolbox for managing strong emotions
- Life is Not a Stress Rehearsal by Loretta LaRoche
- Make Miracles in 40 Days by Melody Beattie
- Meditation (Ep. #9)
- Self-Care (Ep #14)