Have you ever wondered if a regular yoga practice could make a difference in your life? Or if all of the hype around this form of movement is for real? We did, too. Until we began to implement the practice in our own lives and saw what was taking shape for ourselves.
Whether you’re looking to move your body more and get stronger, or you’re looking for a more gentle, grounding practice, yoga can give you what you need. From the physical to the emotional to the spiritual, a regular yoga practice has the potential to be and do all of that (and more.
In typical N+F fashion, our journeys with yoga have been vastly different but the outcome — both intended and actual — are the same: more balance, more grounding, and a more full and loving relationship with our bodies.
We want to hear from you!
What role does yoga play in your life?
Do you have a regular yoga practice? If so, what are your favorite styles and/or resources? Looking to embark on your own yoga journey? What’s holding you back?
- How yoga first came into our lives
- The mental and emotional side of yoga
- Doing versus teaching
- The physical practice as a doorway to deeper knowing
- Emily’s #100daysofyoga challenge — how it went and what she learned
- Little things build up to something great
- The styles of yoga that we gravitate towards
- Yoga as a powerful tool to take care of self
- The power of yoga to let it go of stuck emotions and beliefs
- The freedom of cultivating a home practice
- Listening to your body
- Not getting what you expect but getting exactly what you need
- It’s called practice for a reason
- Our favorite and least favorite poses
- Harnessing the power of breath
- The importance of slowing down, focusing inward, and listening
- Finding the styles and tools that will support you along the way
- Yoga with Adriene
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The Movement Episode (Ep #3)
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
- Poser: My Life in 23 Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer
- Ultimate Yogi DVDs by Travis Eliot
- Wim Hof Method
- Breathe to Heal TED Talk by Max Strom
Quotables:When you love something, translating it into a meaningful experience for others is difficult. Click To Tweet You’re never going to know in the moment what impact you’ll have on somebody down the road. Click To Tweet The physical practice is just the doorway - I’m fascinated by the other aspects of yoga. Click To Tweet 100 days of yoga was not enough. It was never going to be enough. Click To Tweet I want to be able to do yoga for the rest of my life, so I’m not going to go hard every day. Click To Tweet My body’s been through enough. I want it to be strong enough to carry me through this life. Click To Tweet Your body speaks to you much louder when you’re moving slowly. Click To Tweet You can't take care of anyone else if you're running on empty. Click To Tweet There’s a lot of stuff hidden within our bodies that yoga has the power to let us tap into. Click To Tweet No matter how perfect a body looks in a shape, that's not indicative of what’s going on in the mind. Click To Tweet It’s not how you move through a pose; it’s how you move through life. Click To Tweet When you give people permission to just be where they are, that’s a really powerful gift. Click To Tweet It’s not how you move through a pose; it’s how you move through life. Click To Tweet Not every body is meant for every pose. Click To Tweet The mat is the mirror. Click To Tweet That time on the mat is never wasted. Click To Tweet